Le Verseau – for sale – click here!!
Perfect little hideaway with access to beautiful pool
Please contact Cotswold Sleeps if you should wish to speak to the owner – direct sales encouraged!
The gite Le Verseau is located in the wine and olive rich Provence region of the South of France. The gite is ideal for 2 but sleeps 4 by way of a sofa bed in the living area. Access to beautiful pool and private terraces amongst the olive trees. Beautiful Lorgues is only an hour from Nice and St. Tropez, and is the epitome of Provence living. Visit the Tuesday product market for fresh fruit and veg, or be wined and dined at Bruno’s or Chateaux de Berne.
- The gite Le Verseau (‘Aquarius’), located next to the owner’s main house on a 1 acre plot, is fully and comfortably furnished and offers complete privacy with private terraces, independent access and a personal parking space.
- The kitchen is complete with dishwasher, refrigerator, Senseo coffee machine, oven and 4-hob electric cooker
- The spacious living area has a double sofa-bed, smart TV (French internet TV with English and German channels, but also suitable for streaming, radio / CD player) and a well-stocked bookcase.
- The main bedroom has comfortable twin beds and en-suite bathroom with a walk-in shower and cupboard space
- There is a further fold up single bed
- Direct access from the bedroom to a large private terrace with a nearby oak tree offering additional shaded seating
- Direct access from the living area by way of sliding doors to a smaller, south-facing terrace
- Separate WC
- Free WiFi is available throughout the house.
- Access to the amazing 11m pool from 9am to 6pm from April to September. The pool is shared with the owners, although we ask that you sunbathe on your own terraces
- No children or pets allowed
The owners are a retired Dutch couple who have lived at the property since 2010. They are not always on site, so the rental is run by the (French) neighbour. The admin and bookings are managed by the owners, who in addition to Dutch also speak English, French and German.
Nestled in the olive tree and vineyard covered hills of Provence, Lorgues is just over an hour’s drive from Nice airport (Marseille and Toulon are also within easy reach). Le Verseau is a 20-minute walk from the centre of Lorgues, which has a large Provencal market on Tuesday mornings, known very well in the surrounding area, and a brocante on Friday mornings. In the summer there are many fun evening events, but the house is far enough away not to be affected by the noise. There are many wonderful restaurants, from the “King of truffles” Bruno to excellent pizzerias. In Les Arcs (20mins away) you will also find a Michelin starred restaurant Les Relais de Moines. There are 2 large supermarkets in the village, more than 10 bakeries, several banks and – of course – many good wine chateaus. Popular day trips destinations are St. Tropez, Cannes and Nice, as well as the Gorges du Verdon and many hillside villages like Tour Tour. Monaco is about 90mins.
Back to all holiday properties
Le Verseau Pricing
To book please click here and mention that you found them via our Cotswold Sleeps